Markets.com is one of the leading global Brokers today offering great platform for trading CFDs, Forex, Cyptocurrencies & Commodities. Markets.com, like many other online brokers in the market offer a demo account to practice and familiarise yourself with their platform. However, If your starting out you could consider opening a real live account, the minimum deposit required is £100.
Markets.com is operated by parent company Safecap Investments Limited (Safecap), founded in 2008. This broker is regulated and licensed by Cyprus Foreign Exchange and Foreign Exchange Commission (CySEC License No. 092/08) & ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission). Safe Cap Investments Limited is a subsidiary of the gaming and software services provider, Playtech PLC. Playtech PLC is part of the FTSE 250 index and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The company also holds a license granted by the Financial Services Council of South Africa (FSB & FSCA).
Having been established over 8 plus years, Markets.com broker has been awarded for numerous awards in previous years for “Best Forex Trading Platform”, “Best Forex Provider”, “Best CFD Trading Platform”. By our standards Markets.com is one of the Top 3 best CySEC Regulated brokers in the Markets because of its; trust factor, security, tight spreads offering & extensive trading platform features. One it’s most compelling trust factors of Markets.com is that they have had over 5 million traders use the services since inception. The broker has also culminated staggering statistics of 13million trades placed and $185billion traded volume for all assets group last year.
Spreads & Fees
- 2000+ Instruments to Trade
- Relaibilty Factor with over 5million+ users
- Offers Social Trading with Sirix Platform
- Segregated Accounts for Client Funds
- FCA Regulated
- Guaranteed Stop Loss
- One-Click Trading
- No Deposit or Withdrawal Fees
- Not FCA Regulated
- Does Not Accept US Clients
- Does Not Support MetaTrader 4
A ‘Spread’ or otherwise known ‘Bid/Ask Spread’ is the measured difference between the buy and sell price quoted for any trading instrument: whether it be a Forex currency pair, Commodity (Crude Oil), precious metals (Gold), indicies, Stocks and Crypto (Bitcoin). It can be interpreted as the cost of trading charged by the broker to traders.
Markets.com broker, along with majority of brokers charge a spread to their clients and that is the reason why majority of traders choose a broker with low spreads. Spread is reported in PIPs or known as basis points. Spreads can be calculated by spread value in pips × traded lot size.
The graphical illustration shows the comparison of how Markets.com’s spreads stacks well against the combined average spreads of all other established brokers featured on ekzaga.
Markets.com fees (spreads) hаѕ two diffеrеnt рriсing mоdеlѕ – fixеd spreads аnd flоаting spreads, аlѕо known аѕ Vаriаblе ѕрrеаdѕ.
As you can see Markets.com trading fees are somewhat competitive versus its direct broker competitors especially highlighting that its fixed spread has always been in a consistent range. One of the main advantages is that they do not charge any overnight carry or rollover fees to their clients. It’s very competitive against other brokers when it comes to trading Crude Oil and also if you’re looking to trade the Indices Market e.g. US30 and UK100 (FTSE100).
Bаѕеd on thе specific account type you choose, уоu will еithеr bе рriсеd аt a fixеd оr vаriаblе ѕрrеаd. (see Market.com’s Spreads & Fees).
Spread vs Trader Style
- Intraday Trading- <10 Trades
- Intraday Trading- 10+ Trades
- Swing Trading
- Long Term Trading
|Markets.com||XTB||Plus 500 |
|Overall Trust Score||A-||A||A-|
This online cfd broker uses the Web Market Trader platform and their bespoke created Sirix platform. Markets.com no longer supports MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If you’re in search purely for a MetaTrader 4 broker then XTB, Pepperstone, AvaTrade & EasyMarkets online brokers have made our list for the best MT4 brokers.
- Web Trader Markets: With this advanced trading platform, you always have access to international markets. This is one of the best platforms currently available, and also in Dutch (also possible in English). This CFD platform is fully web-based, so you can use it on any computer with a web browser. While the Web-based Trader Web Marketplace platform is less advanced than the MetaTrader 4 platform, it offers an easy-to-use alternative for traders seeking diversity. In addition, Markets Trader is supported by Android and iOS devices. In the Market Web Trader, you'll find clear charts with key indicators for technical analysis. We recommend this platform for all CFD traders who do their own analysis and need a wide range of instruments.
- Trader Mobile Markets: With this mobile app, you also have access to CFD trading on your smartphone or tablet. With a simple touch of the screen, you can invest in CFDs wherever and whenever you want. Our advice is to use this platform only to manage your investments on the road, but to perform your charting/chart analysis on the web trading platform.
- Sirix Web Merchant: This platform offers customers a user-friendly trading platform with intuitive graphics and graphs and a social trading platform. Just like etoro broker, Sirix offers a trader to follow a master/top trader’s trades from their community of traders. You can directly copy their trades and all trades are executed and visible via the web platform. You do not have to download as it’s only web based. Sirix also offers pre-installed one-click trading feature more suitable for traders that place multiple trades & Scalping.
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
- Android App & Tablets
- Apple App & Tablets
Account Types Offered
Deposit & Withdrawal
You can open three different types of accounts in the CFD Markets.com broker:
- Classic trading account: from € 100
- Standard trading account: from € 2,500
- Premium Trading Account: € 20,000
Each account on Markets.com requires merchants to deposit at least $ 100 to create an account. The amount of deposit required is reasonable, although FXTM - the main broker based in Cyprus requires customers to deposit only 5 USD for registration.
Each account on Markets.com requires merchants to deposit at least $ 100 to create an account. Traders are not charged with any deposit and Withdrawal fees. However, they do state that your payment provider i.e. bank or online payment provider may charge you. Additional benefit offered is that any trader that deposits in excess of $2,500 will be reimbursed of any external charge or cost is incurred by external bank fees. Credit Card/Debit Card transactions may take up to 24 hours to process whereas Bank Wire transfer takes up to a standard 1-2 business days.
- No Inactivity Fee
- No Deposit Fee * (bank charges ay apply)
- No Withdrawal Fee
Markets.com does offer Swap Free Trading Acounts (see Islamic Trading Accounts). Traders you can benefit from the prevention of rollover Interest rate added to their overnight positions.
Client Fund Protection
Markets.com is a trademark of Safecap Investments Ltd. This Cypriot company is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) under the license number 092/08. This financial supervisor sets strict requirements for all brokerage companies. Markets.com offers peace of mind to their users by ensuring that their assets/funds are secured in a separate account separate from the company's operating accounts. If the company has liquidation issues, your money will be safe as per requirement statement below.
The CFD Markets.com broker in the Netherlands is subject to the supervision of the Dutch Financial Markets Authority (AFM) through the European regulation (MiFID). It is important to know that the CFD trader up to € 20,000 is insured against bankruptcy of the financial broker. In terms of reliability and security, we have nothing to criticize about this CFD broker.
- Visa Debit
- Visa Credit
- American Express
- Bank Transfer
- Diners Club
- Western Union
Markets.com goes the extra mile in ensuring they offer clients with the best possible customer service. As a trader you normally have queries when using a trading platform as every broker has different options and designed portals. They offer 24/5 customer support via telephone, e-mail and live online web chat. They also take heed and importance of customer complains that is why they offer 48-hour resolution service if you any specific complaints regarding your account or trading.
What so unique unique about Markets.com?
Education resources: In terms of education resources, Market.com makes available comprehensive suite of educational resources for traders looking to improve their trading skills. The tools are free and they include, live webinar, economic calendar, economic events etc.
Negative Balance Protection: Markets.com offers this feature to protect their traders from entering into a negative trading balance. Every broker sets a margin call which means you are restricted to a maximum lots size you can possibly trade. Forex trading is highly leveraged trading and the market is very volatile therefore sometimes a losing trade can exceed risk or stop levels meaning you lose beyond deposit levels. A negative balance protection is useful when a trader leverages more on their trades relative to their account size
Online Click-Trading- It is available on the web-based Sirix Platform. This feature is necessary for executing a trade with a single mouse click without the hassle of opening other windows. As we know trading entry opportunities come and go within seconds so it’s very handy to have this feature. This is very helpful for trader that look form short-term opportunities i.e. Scalp traders or ‘Scalping’.
- Guaranteed Stop Order
- Limit Orders
- One-Click Trading
- Additional Education
- Trailing Stops
- Negative Balance Protection
- Account Verification (Identity)
- Bonuses Offered
Markets.com is the world leader in CFD trading that has had over an unprecedented 5 million registered account users. Strict regulation under CySEC and low transaction costs make this broker a reliable choice to trade with. Due to its advanced software and wide range of products, Markets.com is the best choice for experience level traders. Investors with less experience in CFDs can try their trading platforms via a risk free demo account or live account with a low minimum deposit of $100.